ICC WTC Standings – ENG beat NZ Highlights: The ICC World Test Champions New Zealand is almost down and out of World Test Championship Finals Race (WTC) 2021-23. England crushed New Zealand on Tuesday to WIN 3 Match test series 2-0. Defending champion Kiwis have now fallen to 7th in WTC Table, while England stays at No. 8th. India meanwhile is at No. 3. Follow ICC Test Rankings and ICC WTC Standings Updates with InsideSport.IN InsideSport.IN.
ICC WTC Standings: Defending WTC Champions New Zealand ‘DOWN & OUT’ of FINAL Race, India NO. 3 as Australia & SA currently sits at TOP
- Jonny Bairstow powered England to a five-wicket win after scoring a 77-ball hundred
- Ben Stokes also scored an unbeaten fifty as hosts England won the series 2-0
- WTC holders NZ now face an uphill task to make it to the finals next year after latest defeat
England play party spoiler for NZ – ENG beat NZ Highlights: Jonny Bairstow took the initiative in his own hands when the hosts were struggling at 93/4 and scored England’s second-fastest Test century. With some brutal hitting he lead his team to a record run chase at Trent Bridge. England completed an impressive five-wicket win in the second Test against New Zealand and subsequently bagged the series 2-0 with a match to spare.
Asked to chase 299 in a little over two sessions on Day 5, England reached its target in just 50 overs with Bairstow scoring a scintillating for 136 off 92 deliveries. Ben Stokes also contributed to the cause as England’s skipper made a terrific start to his tenure as captain.
WTC standings after the ENG vs NZ-
- England’s win saw them secure 25 win percent points which sees them at ninth position.
- Only Bangladesh with 16.67 win percent points sit below England.
- The crushing defeat sees New Zealand sit eight in the standings with 29.17 win percent points.
- The defeat for New Zealand has all but evaporated their chances to make it to the top two as they now face an improbable task of making it to the WTC finals next year.
- England will now look to seal a whitewash over the Kiwis, which could see them close the gap on New Zealand in the standings.
ICC WTC Standings: WTC holders New Zealand suffer crushing blow after Jonny Bairstow’s magical ton helps England clinch Nottingham Test: Check Out
Aussies still top in rest of the best, India third-
- Australia are still sitting top of the pile with 75 win percent points and are yet to lose a match in the current WTC standings.
- As things stand Australia and South Africa will qualify for the final next year, however there are plenty of ups and downs still remaining in the course of the WTC 2021-23 cycle.
- 2021 WTC runners-up India sit third in the standings with 58.33 win percent points, which lower than second place South Africa (71.43).
- Sri Lanka, Pakistan and West Indies make the rest of the top six, while Bangladesh sit ninth in the table.
Upcoming important Test matches in WTC 2021-23 cycle-
India tour of England (1 rescheduled Test)
Bangladesh tour of West Indies (2 Tests)
Australia tour of Sri Lanka (2 Tests)