IPL 2023 Trading Window – IPL 2023 Auction: While cricket fans eagerly wait for the Asia Cup and T20 World Cup, IPL…
IPL 2023 Trading Window – IPL 2023 Auction: While cricket fans eagerly wait for the Asia Cup and T20 World Cup, IPL franchises have begun preparing the list of players to release ahead of the IPL 2023 mini auction. Before that, the IPL 2023 will have an exciting trading window where players can move from one franchise from another before the auctions. The biggest name to make the trading window this year can be Chennai Super Kings Ravindra Jadeja. Follow IPL 2023 Live Updates on InsideSport.IN.
“We are looking at December-January or early February for the auctions. Before that the trade window will be back this time. The trade window will open around November or early December depending on the final auction date.
It will be a short auction as we had the big one last season. The last auction was the major one and the next three will be mini auctions as the teams want to develop the squads,” a senior BCCI official told InsideSport.IN.
IPL 2023: Biggest news of IPL Season 16 is out, Ravindra Jadeja – Chennai Super Kings set to part ways?
India Cricket Schedule: BCCI & PCB to go head to head, IPL & PSL to clash in 2025 as BCCI gets two and half months window for IPL, Follow LIVE Updates
IPL 2023 Trading Window to open in November, Is CSK listing Ravindra Jadeja for trading?
Is CSK listing Ravindra Jadeja for trading? The biggest name on the IPL transfer market this year could be Chennai Super Kings’ Ravindra Jadeja. The Indian all-rounder who joined the franchise back in 2012 has fallen out with CSK.
He was unceremoniously removed from captaincy midway through IPL 2022 and MS Dhoni was reinstalled as captain. But the transition did not go well as CSK finished 9th with just four wins.
InsideSport has learnt that Jadeja hasn’t been in touch with the franchise since IPL 2022 and wants to move on. Although he has a three-year contract with CSK, he is upset with the franchise for not giving him a longer rope as a captain. Jadeja has already deleted all the photos and videos from his CSK days from his social media accounts. He has even unfollowed CSK.
- Since being removed from captaincy, Jadeja has decided to sever all connections with the franchise.
- Jadeja underwent rehab at NCA for his RIB injury.
- But despite still being contracted with CSK has never informed anything about his injury to CSK.
- Jadeja also has deleted all his CSK-related posts from his social media accounts.
- Jadeja was also the only player who was not part of the video that was put out by CSK to wish captain Dhoni on his birthday.
As the two parties are not on good terms, Chennai Super Kings can offload the star at the TRADING WINDOW. But for that to happen, CSK & Jadeja need to have offers in hand from the other franchises.
“It’s clear he is unhappy and very hurt. He will look for the options, let’s see how things pan out,” said the person who works closely for Jadeja.
IPL 2023 Trading Window: Who are expected to be traded?
- Ravindra Jadeja (CSK)
- Tymal Mills (MI)
- Adam Milne (CSK)
- Manish Pandey (LSG)
- Vijay Shankar (GT)
- Shahrukh Khan (PBKS)
IPL 2023 Trading Window: All you need to know about IPL 2023 Auctions
- The IPL 2023 Auction is likely to take place in early January or late December.
- The trading window will be open for a month before the auctions.
- Only up to three players can be traded during the IPL 2023 Trading Window.
- The IPL Auction will be a short affair with the franchises looking to strengthen the squads rather than an overhaul.
- Most of the teams will be able to retain their core with up to 9 players.
- However, the fine prints are yet to be discussed. The IPL governing Council will meet after BCCI AGM and will discuss the auctions and other dates.
- The BCCI will set to reintroduce the RTM (Right to match) during the auction.
- The IPL 2023 will revert to home and away format as the ICC has granted BCCI a longer 75-day window from next season.
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow IPL 2023 Live Updates with InsideSport.IN.