India T20 WC Squad – IND vs AUS T20 Series: India’s combinations for the T20 World Cup were thrown into a fix…
India T20 WC Squad – IND vs AUS T20 Series: India’s combinations for the T20 World Cup were thrown into a fix after Ravindra Jadeja was ruled out with an injury. The all-rounder was considered a vital cog in Indian team’s wheel. However with Jadeja out, India have sought options in Deepak Hooda, Axar Patel and 4 combinations to fill the void. Rohit Sharma and Coach Rahul Dravid now will be testing these 4 options during the forthcoming IND vs AUS T20 Series: Follow T20 World Cup 2022 LIVE updates on Insidesport.IN
India T20 WC Squad: Rohit Sharma ponders on 4 options to fill Ravindra Jadeja void, will try it out during IND vs AUS T20 Series: Follow LIVE UPDATES
IND vs AUS T20 Series – Combinations India can test? India opted to name both Deepak Hooda and Axar Patel in their t20 World Cup squad with Ravindra Jadeja ruled out of the tournament. While Hardik Pandya has returned to full fitness and can fulfil fifth bowler duties, his injury concerns suggest India would likely opt for a sixth bowling option in the side.
Jadeja’s ability to chip in with the ball and move up and down the order gave India some flexibility. Rohit Sharma will have options at his disposal to fill in the all-rounder’s void.
Option 1: Play Deepak Hooda
- Deepak Hooda played at No.7 in the Asia Cup with Hardik Pandya taking over fifth bowling duties.
- Hooda has the ability to chip in with some off-spin when needed while also extends India’s batting order.
- The LSG star however struggled to make the most of his chances during the Asia Cup scoring at a sedate rate.
- With games against Australia and South Africa, Hooda will once again have the chance to embrace his new role.
- While Hooda’s inclusion extends India’s batting, it puts pressure on Hardik to bowl his four overs more often than not.
Option 2: Play Axar Patel
- Axar Patel is the like-to-like replacement for Ravindra Jadeja.
- Axar Patel can chip in with the ball regularly reducing the load on Hardik Pandya.
- However, unlike Jadeja, Patel is not as accomplished a batsman, meaning a promotion up the order is unlikely.
- Patel is more of a lower-order hitter and his inclusion would deplete India’s batting even though it strengthens the bowling department.
Option 3: Play Ravichandran Ashwin
- A left-field move would see India opt for Ravichandran Ashwin at No.7
- Ashwin has taken up that rolw with Rajasthan Royals in the IPL and could present a valuable option in Asutralia.
- With the likes of Harshal Patel and Bhuvneshwar Kumar providing bating depth, the Ashwin experiment could be given a shot.
- However, like Axar, Ashwin is far from an accomplished T20I batsman, depleting India’s resources in the death overs.
Option 4: Rely on Hardik, play Dinesh Karthik
- India have sporadically taken up this option this year, but Rohit Sharma could very well opt for a specialist batter in Jadeja’s absence.
- With Hardik fit, the all-rounder will be expected to chip in with his four overs.
- Dinesh Karthik could then come in as a designated finisher, while Pant takes up a middle-order role to counter the spin threat.
- While it significantly strengthens the batting, India’s bowling is severely depleted with only five fixed options.