IND vs ENG LIVE – INDIA England Edgbaston Test: The England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and the BCCI are a worried lot after Rohit Sharma tested positive for Covid-19. Indian captain’s positive result now has put everyone concerned on alert. Rohit till Friday was openly mingling around with the other Indian cricketers. This is the reason now the entire Indian squad will be tested for Covid today: Follow INDIA vs England LIVE Updates & India vs Leicestershire LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
“Yes the entire squad will be tested today and Monday morning. Rohit is currently isolated and is being monitored by the BCCI Medical team. He will also be re-tested today”, informed a top BCCI official to InsideSport.
IND vs ENG LIVE: BCCI, ECB worried for Edgbaston test, entire Indian squad to be tested after Rohit Sharma’s POSITIVE test: Follow LIVE UPDATES
INDIA England Edgbaston Test – Rohit Sharma tests positive: The main concern for the BCCI & ECB is that till Friday, the Indian captain was openly mingling with the other members of the squad.
On Friday as well before the Day’s play Rohit took a team meeting. He was seen standling very close to coach Rahul Dravid, Jasprit Bumrah and others.
BCCI and ECB are now worried about the safety of other members of the Indian squad.
Rohit felt uneasy after the 1st innings against Leicestershire. As per a release by the BCCI, a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) was conducted on Saturday (June 25) in which Rohit tested positive. According to the BCCI he is currently placed under isolation.
“Captain Mr Rohit Sharma has tested positive for COVID-19 following a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) conducted on Saturday. He is currently in isolation at the team hotel and is under the care of the BCCI Medical Team”, stated release by the BCCI.
Rohit will now again undergo another RT-PCR test today morning. The test will confirm and ascertain the severity of the infection.
India Tour of England: Big Setback for India, Captain Rohit Sharma tests Covid POSITIVE, placed under isolation: Follow LIVE UPDATES
Edgbaston Test Starts 1st JULY – Will Rohit be fit for 5th Test? It is worth noting that the rescheduled Test against England at Edgbaston starts on July 1. Rohit now faces an race against time in order to get fit for the match.
Rohit was involved in India’s ongoing tour game against Leicestershire but didn’t bat on Day 3 of India’s second innings.
He opened the batting in the first dig and made 25 before being dismissed by Roman Walker.
India are already without their other regular opener KL Rahul, who is down with a groin injury.
- Rohit was India’s best batsman over four Tests last year.
- He aggregated 368 runs at an average of 52.27 including a hundred at The Oval.
- India lead the series 2-1 and need to avoid defeat in the final Test to clinch their first Test series win in England since 2007.
The doubts were raised on Saturday evening when Rohit did not come out to bat in the Second innings.
Instead, Shreyas Iyer and Ravindra Jadeja batted twice in an innings and even Mohammed Siraj got batting practice.
In the first innings against Leicestershire, Rohit did start well but once again fell to his pull-shot nemesis off Roman Walker for 25. While he was seen on the field on Day 2, he was completely missing from action on Day 3.
India Tour of England: Rohit Sharma Struggle with fitness & form
- Rohit Sharma has struggled with a string of injuries of late.
- He missed the entire South Africa tour with injury.
- Before that, he missed the ODI and T20I series on the Australia tour.
- He was rested for South Africa series at home.
- In IPL 2022, he scored 268 runs at an average of 19.14.
- Since taking over all format captaincy, Rohit Sharma has averaged 30.55 in 9 T20Is, 26.00 in 3 ODIs and 30.00 in two Tests against Sri Lanka.
- With T20 World Cup coming up and India play a bilateral marathon, a fit Rohit Sharma is crucial for Team India, especially when KL Rahul also has had multiple injury concerns.
India’s Test squad: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Hanuma Vihari, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rishabh Pant (wk), KS Bharat (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Mohd Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Prasidh Krishna
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow INDIA vs England LIVE Updates & India vs Leicestershire LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN